Do-It-Yourself Stitch People (2nd Edition)
What do I use Stitch People for?
- Create heirloom-quality, thoughtful gifts for your loved ones
- Learn a new hobby, (or re-learn what your grandma taught you to do decades ago)
- Do a fun project for your summer vacation
- Have a hand-made Christmas, or other holiday
- Tackle a bite-sized cross-stitch project instead of a behemoth
- Relive old, fond memories by immortalizing them in cross-stitch
I'll walk you through every aspect of how to design, prepare, stitch, and even frame your very own, personalized cross-stitch family portraits to give away as gifts for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and other big life events! After designing and stitching over 500 unique portraits, I've compiled all my tips and tricks into one, easy-to-use book with mix and match templates!
The 2nd Edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People" is great for all skill levels, from complete beginners to advanced stitchers!
- Excellent book usability: Color- and symbol-coded tab system, detailed table of contents, extensive glossary, blank character design pages
- How-to's: cross-stitching, special stitches, curly hair, straight hair, lace techniques, patterned clothing techniques, tattoos, and more
- Mix-and-match cross-stitch patterns/designs for:
- Women's and men's hairstyles, heads, clothing, and bodies
- Babies (sitting, being held, strollers, high chairs, cribs, etc.)
- Multiple children's body sizes, head shapes, and hairstyles
- Pets: cats, dogs, various other small pets
- Over 40 dog breeds (see the FAQ page for the full list of breeds) and 16 cat breeds
- Accessories: countless options like purses, sports items, bouquets, eyeglasses, and more, including wheelchairs, crutches, walkers and canes
- Sixteen (16) alphabet / font styles
- DMC color recommendations for skin tones (light, medium, dark hues), hair colors (blonde, brown, red, black, gray), and denim
- Materials descriptions and checklist for easy shopping lists
- Many example patterns to inspire your creativity
- Photos of over 90 unique, stitched custom portraits for inspiration: most photos submitted by Stitch People fans, like you!
- Tutorials for two different framing options (frame and hoop)
Available anywhere in the world
Please be aware that international orders may take a little extra time to be processed in addition to the longer shipping time. Depending on the destination, international orders can take several weeks to be delivered. Any customs fees charged will be your responsibility.
You can order the DIY book no matter where you live! The currency converter above only lists a few currencies, but we accept payments from anywhere in the world. All transactions are completed in USD, and you are charged whatever the current exchange rate is at the time of purchase. Shipping is calculated in real-time on the checkout page.
Why buy the book instead of jumping in on your own?
With this being the second edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People," you'll benefit from the experiences of literally thousands of other cross-stitchers who have created cross-stitch family portraits. We took their ideas and opinions into account very seriously as we created this second edition. Thus, the instructions, tips, tricks, details, and patterns in this book will save you hours of trial and error on your own, and will give you an incredible foundation upon which your own creativity can build.
Details about the book
Physical Book: 192 pages, 8.5"W x 11"H, spiral bound (so it lays flat!), matte-finish cover
Digital E-Book: PDF version (completely identical to the physical version). Use on any device that reads PDF.
Author: Lizzy Dabczynski-Bean
I have practiced stabbing things for over 30 years and could not wait to get my book and begin creating my own portraits. The book came and is packed full of ideas, instructions, and well thought out techniques! I look forward to many creative sessions with this guide.
Amo bordar empecé hacerlo ahora en cuarentena y definitivamente fue el mejor pasatiempo ♥️♥️♥️👏🏼👏🏼😍 amo hacerlo
I just received my Do-ItYourself book today, 4 days ahead of schedule! I am so excited to get started. I just wanted to let you know how impressed I already am with quality of the book! It's organized so well, the layout is easy to follow, the spiral bind makes it easy to keep open while I'm working, and there are just endless configurations. There is also so much technique information included -- I've cross-stitched a bit, but never anything more than a standard stitch. I'm so excited to learn more!
This book is worth every penny and I cannot wait to get started on my first project!
Got this book as a christmas present and I absolutely love it. I've only started cross stitching the past few months, but this book includes detailed instructions and is very easy to use/ follow. In my opinion, the price is worth it (would have bought it myself if I didn't get it as a gift.) because there are SO many ideas and patterns you can follow to really make a personalized project. I'm almost done making a gift for a friend that is getting married and it is turning out so cute! I will be making so many gifts because of this book! So happy I received this!
I hesitated to order this book because it was so expensive, but I see it will save me money in the long run. I plan to make customized, personalized gifts for friends and family next year. I would rather spend time and energy in this creative endeavor than in shopping for or ordering from stores. I am eager to start my first project!