Do-It-Yourself Stitch People (2nd Edition)
What do I use Stitch People for?
- Create heirloom-quality, thoughtful gifts for your loved ones
- Learn a new hobby, (or re-learn what your grandma taught you to do decades ago)
- Do a fun project for your summer vacation
- Have a hand-made Christmas, or other holiday
- Tackle a bite-sized cross-stitch project instead of a behemoth
- Relive old, fond memories by immortalizing them in cross-stitch
I'll walk you through every aspect of how to design, prepare, stitch, and even frame your very own, personalized cross-stitch family portraits to give away as gifts for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and other big life events! After designing and stitching over 500 unique portraits, I've compiled all my tips and tricks into one, easy-to-use book with mix and match templates!
The 2nd Edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People" is great for all skill levels, from complete beginners to advanced stitchers!
What's new in the 2nd Edition?
- Excellent book usability: Color- and symbol-coded tab system, detailed table of contents, extensive glossary, blank character design pages
- How-to's: cross-stitching, special stitches, curly hair, straight hair, lace techniques, patterned clothing techniques, tattoos, and more
- Mix-and-match cross-stitch patterns/designs for:
- Women's and men's hairstyles, heads, clothing, and bodies
- Babies (sitting, being held, strollers, high chairs, cribs, etc.)
- Multiple children's body sizes, head shapes, and hairstyles
- Pets: cats, dogs, various other small pets
- Over 40 dog breeds (see the FAQ page for the full list of breeds) and 16 cat breeds
- Accessories: countless options like purses, sports items, bouquets, eyeglasses, and more, including wheelchairs, crutches, walkers and canes
- Sixteen (16) alphabet / font styles
- DMC color recommendations for skin tones (light, medium, dark hues), hair colors (blonde, brown, red, black, gray), and denim
- Materials descriptions and checklist for easy shopping lists
- Many example patterns to inspire your creativity
- Photos of over 90 unique, stitched custom portraits for inspiration: most photos submitted by Stitch People fans, like you!
- Tutorials for two different framing options (frame and hoop)
Available anywhere in the world
Please be aware that international orders may take a little extra time to be processed in addition to the longer shipping time. Depending on the destination, international orders can take several weeks to be delivered. Any customs fees charged will be your responsibility.
You can order the DIY book no matter where you live! The currency converter above only lists a few currencies, but we accept payments from anywhere in the world. All transactions are completed in USD, and you are charged whatever the current exchange rate is at the time of purchase. Shipping is calculated in real-time on the checkout page.
Why buy the book instead of jumping in on your own?
With this being the second edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People," you'll benefit from the experiences of literally thousands of other cross-stitchers who have created cross-stitch family portraits. We took their ideas and opinions into account very seriously as we created this second edition. Thus, the instructions, tips, tricks, details, and patterns in this book will save you hours of trial and error on your own, and will give you an incredible foundation upon which your own creativity can build.
Details about the book
Physical Book: 192 pages, 8.5"W x 11"H, spiral bound (so it lays flat!), matte-finish cover
Digital E-Book: PDF version (completely identical to the physical version). Use on any device that reads PDF.
Author: Lizzy Dabczynski-Bean
More questions? Check out our DIY Stitch People Book FAQ page.
Buying this book is the equivalent of buying about 50 books in one! Make portrait after portrait after portrait! None of them look the same. If you are new to cross stitch, coming back to it after many years, or are a pro, this book makes it all possible. So much fun to design and stitch the people you love, bringing out their unique traits and interests. It is fantastic!!!! Plus, you get plugged into the stitch people Facebook community where you can search for questions, or ask the group. Everyone is so willing to help. This has been the best gift ever!
I wanted the book for a long time. Easy to understand and easy to use. I hope the Hungarians will appreciate these cute figures too. Thank You! <3
I am brand new to cross stitch. This book is so easy to read well put together! I feel like I’ve been doing this my whole life! And the customer service! Quick response and easy to talk to! Love Stitch People!!
Unfortunately I was not acquainted with Stitch People at the time of their 1st edition release, so I’m only able to comment on the 2nd edition. Definitely a book one can “get lost in” - in a good way! Great quality pages, binding, colors, & graphics. Certainly not something you hold & would consider “cheap.” I tote it around to kids’ activities to map out patterns & it holds up to the task very well. The amount of hairstyles & body types are great. And love the samples of completed projects done by various stitchers at the end! Would love to see some more modern fonts included in the lettering section - feel the ones included are pretty standard - would like some that feel more like a calligraphy/hand-lettering style. A new stitcher might initially find the book overwhelming, but this book is definitely the gift that keeps on giving because of the endless amount of customization that’s possible!
I have been looking to grab this book for a while and so glad to have received as a Christmas gift from my husband. There is no limit to what you can create and I’m so excited to get started!