Do-It-Yourself Stitch People (2nd Edition)
What do I use Stitch People for?
- Create heirloom-quality, thoughtful gifts for your loved ones
- Learn a new hobby, (or re-learn what your grandma taught you to do decades ago)
- Do a fun project for your summer vacation
- Have a hand-made Christmas, or other holiday
- Tackle a bite-sized cross-stitch project instead of a behemoth
- Relive old, fond memories by immortalizing them in cross-stitch
I'll walk you through every aspect of how to design, prepare, stitch, and even frame your very own, personalized cross-stitch family portraits to give away as gifts for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and other big life events! After designing and stitching over 500 unique portraits, I've compiled all my tips and tricks into one, easy-to-use book with mix and match templates!
The 2nd Edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People" is great for all skill levels, from complete beginners to advanced stitchers!
- Excellent book usability: Color- and symbol-coded tab system, detailed table of contents, extensive glossary, blank character design pages
- How-to's: cross-stitching, special stitches, curly hair, straight hair, lace techniques, patterned clothing techniques, tattoos, and more
- Mix-and-match cross-stitch patterns/designs for:
- Women's and men's hairstyles, heads, clothing, and bodies
- Babies (sitting, being held, strollers, high chairs, cribs, etc.)
- Multiple children's body sizes, head shapes, and hairstyles
- Pets: cats, dogs, various other small pets
- Over 40 dog breeds (see the FAQ page for the full list of breeds) and 16 cat breeds
- Accessories: countless options like purses, sports items, bouquets, eyeglasses, and more, including wheelchairs, crutches, walkers and canes
- Sixteen (16) alphabet / font styles
- DMC color recommendations for skin tones (light, medium, dark hues), hair colors (blonde, brown, red, black, gray), and denim
- Materials descriptions and checklist for easy shopping lists
- Many example patterns to inspire your creativity
- Photos of over 90 unique, stitched custom portraits for inspiration: most photos submitted by Stitch People fans, like you!
- Tutorials for two different framing options (frame and hoop)
Available anywhere in the world
Please be aware that international orders may take a little extra time to be processed in addition to the longer shipping time. Depending on the destination, international orders can take several weeks to be delivered. Any customs fees charged will be your responsibility.
You can order the DIY book no matter where you live! The currency converter above only lists a few currencies, but we accept payments from anywhere in the world. All transactions are completed in USD, and you are charged whatever the current exchange rate is at the time of purchase. Shipping is calculated in real-time on the checkout page.
Why buy the book instead of jumping in on your own?
With this being the second edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People," you'll benefit from the experiences of literally thousands of other cross-stitchers who have created cross-stitch family portraits. We took their ideas and opinions into account very seriously as we created this second edition. Thus, the instructions, tips, tricks, details, and patterns in this book will save you hours of trial and error on your own, and will give you an incredible foundation upon which your own creativity can build.
Details about the book
Physical Book: 192 pages, 8.5"W x 11"H, spiral bound (so it lays flat!), matte-finish cover
Digital E-Book: PDF version (completely identical to the physical version). Use on any device that reads PDF.
Author: Lizzy Dabczynski-Bean
Just got my book,cant wait to create!
I am so glad I purchased, It was a lot of money for me but I have been able to really up my cross stitch skills!
Very beautifully designed. Wish there were more animals. Well worth the money.
Excited to start on a couple Christmas gifts!
I was very excited to receive this book, however upon arrival I was disappointed. While there are lots of tips and tricks and things, I find a lot of the pages in this 200 page book, unnecessary. I don't need the same hair/face repeated 6 times with different colours of hair and skin tone.. I don't need 10-15 pages of your work (a lot of which isn't made from the patterns in the book) and I don't like that your "animal section" consists of tons of cats and dogs and yet only one page for more exotic animals. This book was almost $100 (Canadian) after shipping and exchange. And I now while have to purchase yet another pattern book to get pigs and goats. Which will cost me another $50 (for a boon that's only 30 pages..