PRE-ORDER: Traceable Stitch People Character Templates
A few things to note before ordering:
- This is a pre-order. Templates are expected to ship the first week of March. They're currently being laser cut at the manufacturer, but it's taking longer than anticipated.
- The actual templates you receive will look a little different from the video and images (read the full description below for details)
Who's ready to SAVE TIME?! For anyone who design their Stitch People portrait patterns by hand, these traceable characters templates can be used to brainstorm character layouts, and cut down on the time it takes to draw each character by hand!
These characters fit well on size 7 graph paper, which is twice (2x) the size of size 14 Aida fabric. This size graph paper is available in the Character Design Pages of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People," in our downloadable graph paper freebie, and it can be generated online as well using free graph paper generators.
(We currently aren't making smaller traceable templates available at this time, as they lend themselves to breakage due to the small elements like feet, necks, tails, etc.)
- 5x7 zip-up Stitch People pouch
- 2 adult-sized characters
- 14 child-teenage sized characters
- 1 generic cat
- 1 generic dog
- 1 long straight edge (50 squares wide)
- 1 short ruler (10 squares wide)
What Will the Templates Look Like?
The dimensions of each figure will be etched onto the acrylic to make counting easier when your pattern is finished (as shown in the image on this page with the cat character).
Each "category" of characters will be assigned different transparent colors:
- Adult figures: Green
- Pets: Orange
- Rulers/straight edges: Clear
- Children's figures: magenta, yellow, and cyan to match the color coding system in the 2nd Edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People.