Thank you for your interest in being interviewed on the Stitch People Podcast! We at Stitch People couldn’t do this without you. I’m so looking forward to talking with you and I know we will have a great time together.
Thank you! Talk to you soon!
For the best success of your episode, there are a few things we’d like for you to do.
1. Take some time to think ahead! Familiarize yourself with the concept of the show at stitchpeople.com/podcast and look over the example questions you might be asked. There’s no need to prepare anything official in advance; in fact, please don’t! I don’t want anything to be scripted and want to chat with you like a normal conversation – off the cuff! But some people find it helpful to percolate in advance.
2. Prepare your technology! The quality of our audio recording will make or break the podcast. I don’t want you to feel anxious or overwhelmed so please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Please ensure you have the following:
- A device with a camera: A computer, laptop, or tablet is preferable. A smartphone should be the last resort.
- Install ZOOM: Please install Zoom on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. This is how we will conduct our interview.
- Headphones: The recording of your voice will be much clearer if my voice isn’t bleeding into your microphone from your device’s speakers. Please attend the interview with headphones plugged into your device or connected via Bluetooth. (If using Bluetooth headphones, double-check they are fully charged in advance).
- A Microphone: Most devices have a built-in microphone which will be fine. If you have access to an external mic, or have a pair of headphones with a built-in microphone, that would be preferable.
- A quiet place: Please try to attend the interview in a quiet place – a private room, a quiet corner, somewhere where you won’t be interrupted and where there isn’t much ambient noise.
- A solid internet connection: Other than extraneous noise, our biggest deterrent to success could be an iffy internet connection. If you’re able to hard-wire into your internet source, please do so! (This would look like plugging your computer into an ethernet cable, etc.) Otherwise, please try to situate yourself in a location where a WiFi signal will be strongest.
- Don’t stress! There is nothing to be nervous about. Promise! There is no technology issue we can’t solve and I can’t wait to get to know you, chat with you, and catch up as though we are old friends.
By creating your appointment and participating in the interview, you hereby authorize Stitch People the right and permission to copyright and/or publish, reproduce, or otherwise use your name, voice, and likeness in video, photographs, written materials, and audio-visual recordings. You acknowledge and understand these materials about or of you may be used for both commercial and/or non-commercial purposes. You also understand and acknowledge that Stitch People reserves the right to choose not to release your interview, name, voice, or likeness for myriad reasons with no expectation for explanation.
You understand that your image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published, and/or distributed. You also understand this material may be used individually or in conjunction with other media in any medium, including without limitation to print publications, digital publications, and/or public broadcast for any lawful purpose. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed.
You hereby acknowledge and grant Stitch People and its employees, agents, licenses, successors, and third-party organizations all ownership rights and the irrevocable right and permission to use, copyright, publish, sell, distribute, and/or promote the recorded video, photo, interview, and/or audio.
You understand your participation is voluntary and that you may, at any time, discontinue your involvement before participating in the interview. If you choose to discontinue participation, you will notify the principal parties, Stitch People, by providing written notice to email@example.com.
You understand that Stitch People can see no risk presently, and that you take full responsibility for your involvement in this project and the risks that it may entail (be they legal, physical, or mental) and release Stitch People from any claims, demands, losses, damages, suits, and liabilities of any kind whatsoever in connection with the foregoing.
You hereby certify that you am over eighteen years of age and are competent to contract in your own name insofar as the above is concerned. If you am under eighteen years of age, your parents or legal guardians have read this document and have given their consent by assisting in your interview participation.
By participating in the Stitch People Podcast interview, you acknowledge that you have completely read and fully understand the above consent and release and agree to be bound thereby. You hereby release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material for marketing, educational, promotional, and/or any other lawful purpose whatsoever.