The Stitch People Podcast
Watch the Latest
Get to know stitchers just like you!
Often referred to by its own members as “The Happiest Place on the Internet,” the Stitch People Community is a place of inspiration, encouragement, help, and happiness. Leaning into that feeling, The Stitch People Podcast shines light on the beautiful personalities and stories of the wonderful people who bring Stitch People to life!
When each episode of Season 1 was released, we released with it a new portion of the stitch-a-long pattern! Now complete, the Podcast Stitch-A-Long Pattern is available in full, ready for you to stitch along to any episode you like!
If you were inspired by Amanda McCurley’s Episode (#13) and want some guidance and inspiration about how to utilize cross-stitching for charitable giving, check out our Stitch People For Good e-book!
For more info and resources mentioned in each podcast episode —plus bonus photos—check out the Stitch People Blog!
Be Our (Podcast) Guest!
We’re currently fully booked for Season 2 of the podcast. We’ll send out an email once we start accepting applications for Season 3!
Guest FAQ & what will we talk about?
What’s the point of the podcast?
The Stitch People Podcast will expand, grow, and strengthen our Stitch People Community by helping all of us get to know one another a little better through the lens of *Lizzy* getting to know *you* better!
Am I a shoe-in to be a guest?
Due to time constraints, please understand we may not be able to interview everyone. We wish to express our gratitude to you for your interest!
How do I know if I’m selected?
If you’re selected for an interview, we’ll contact you via email (provided to us by you in the form above) to schedule a time for you to chat with Lizzy!
What are the parameters of the interview?
Lizzy will connect with you via Zoom. The interview will not begin at the top of the call — Lizzy will ease you into the conversation up front. Plan to chat for 45-60 minutes, total. Be yourself!
Where will the episode be released?
The Stitch People Podcast will be released 1x/week during each “season” on all major podcasting apps and eventually on YouTube, so you may want to take that into account if there’s a particular hairstyle or outfit you’d like to show off to the world! It is not necessary for you to prepare projects or any kind of “show and tell” for the Zoom call camera, though you’re welcome to do so.
Types of questions and subjects to be ready to discuss:
Each episode of The Stitch People Podcast should simply feel like an every-day conversation, so don’t stress! That said, some people like a little structure. Be prepared to answer questions such as, but not limited to:
- How long have you been cross-stitching?
- How did you learn to cross-stitch?
- How long have you been creating Stitch People portraits?
- What’s your favorite portrait you’ve ever stitched?
- What’s your favorite cross-stitch project, ever?
- Do you do any other crafts? Tell us about them!
- Where do you live? What do you love about your home town?
- Tell us about your friends, family, or loved ones!
What are your other hobbies or interests?
- Do you have any favorite musicians, albums, writers, books, TV shows, movies or podcasts?
- What is something that made you laugh most recently?
- What does “success” in life mean to you?
- What lights you up most in the world?
- If you could do anything — disregarding money, education, time, or other potentially limiting factors — what would it be?
- If you could go back in time and tell your past self a piece of advice, what would it be?